Sunday, December 24, 2006

Good things a' happening

Earlier this week I read about Bourbon Crow, a band that is led by ex-Murderdolls singer Wednesday13. He apparently plays under a fake name (Buck Bourbon) and while his typical musical style can be described as Alice Cooper meets Marilyn Manson, Bourbon Crow has been described as "outlaw country" and comparisons have been made to folks like Johnny Cash, David Allen Coe and Waylon Jennings.

I was on a mission to find Bourbon Crow's Highway to Hangovers which was put out by Horror High Records but was coming up empty. On Thursday evening I was in Cleveland and stopped by my favorite Half-Price Books in Rocky River and, lo and behold, what CD did I find under the "B" tab? Bourbon Crow. $4.98.

So last night I picked up a few last minute gifts at Meijer and on my way out I thought I'd buy a couple "Holiday Cash" lottery tickets. The payout isn't huge (the biggest payout is $500) but the tickets were only $1 and I had $2 in my pocket. I shoved the tickets in my pocket as I was walking out and forgot about them until this morning. The ticket I scratched off was a $25 winner!

I kind of feel like I'm on a roll this week. Hmm ... I wonder if there is anything else in store coming up?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, I enjoy reading all of your article post.
I like to write a little comment to support you.
http://bbmpins.co.za/index.php?p=blogs/viewstory/915696
My web-site ... lokaltog