Thursday, February 23, 2006

Men Women & Children


I'm either WAY early to the Men, Women & Children party or one of the last (MP3 bloggers) to arrive. Somebody (publicist? label?) sent me an advance copy of their new CD which comes out on March 21 via the Warner Bros. label. I finally got around to listening to it today. The current buzz bands are busy aping Morrissey or Joy Division or Duran Duran while MW&C have decided to follow a different retro path - disco. I mean, make no mistake about it, these kids are total hipsters as their tour schedule implies (dates coming up with Action Action, Metric, Motion City Soundtrack, Panic at the Disco!) but they've tapped into a previously untapped market - at least I've never heard anything quite like it.

Influences would include Donna Summers and the Bee Gees.

Here are two demo tracks to tide you over until the full length hits shelves.

MP3: Dance in My Blood
MP3: Lightning Strikes Twice in NY


0 comments: